I had a lot of baby corn at home and wanted to try something unique and interesting rice recipe. Google search and my eye caught this recipe, I have added a few of my own changes to the original recipe. This recipe is inspired from here.
Here’s how to prepare baby corn pulao
1 cup basmati rice
8-10 baby corn chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 carrot cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 1/2 tspn frozen peas(or fresh ones)
1 large onion finely sliced
2 large green chillies slit in center
1 3/4 cup coconut milk
1 bay leaf
1/2 inch cinnamon stick
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
Salt to taste
2 tbspn oil
1/2 cup coriander leaves
2 green chillies
2 tbspn fresh coconut chopped
Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tspn
Grind all ingredients under “to grind” into smooth paste. Keep it aside.
1. Gently wash basmati rice twice and soak in water for about 8-10 mins
2. In a pressure cooker, add oil, to hot oil as cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves and stir for 10 seconds.
3. Add sliced onions and green chillies and saute until onions becomes translucent.
4. Add cut veggies and baby corn and saute for 2-3 mins. Next add the ground paste and saute until raw smell of goes. For about 10 mins.
5. Add turmeric powder and mix.
6. Add basmati rice and coconut milk and salt to taste and give it a mix.
7. Pressure cook for about 15-18 mins on medium low flame(or for 2 whistles)
8. Once pressure is release, open the pressure cooker pan and leave the rice without touching it for about 5-10 mins. Later mix gently the rice and serve hot with raita of your choice and pickle.
Recipe inspired from here.