1 onion choppes
1 tbspn butter
1 garlic clove chrushed
350 g pumpkin
50 g roasted almonds(about 15-20)
1 tbspon tomato puree
500 ml water (or you could also use vegetable stock)
1 pinch coriander powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 tspn roasted almonds sliced
- Melt butter in a pan and cook the onions to soften.
- Peel and dice the pumpkin and add to the onions with the garlic and dried coriander powder . Allow to cook for a few minutes before adding the tomato puree and the water, simmer until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add the roasted almonds, mix and cook for 2-3 mins and remove from stove. Allow the soup to cool before putting it into a blender until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and season as desired, to taste. Bring to boil.
- At this stage you could stir in 2 tbspns of cream and mix, I skipped cream, as I wanted to make low-fat soup.