Sprouted green gram(Moong Sprout) Korma is a healthy curry which is excellent source of low-fat protein and fiber. Green gram is called “Pachai Payiru” is tamil. This dish is very easy to prepare and goes well with roti’s or rice.
Let’s see how to prepare green gram mixed veg Korma
2 medium sized onions
3 green chillies
½ cup sprouted green gram
8 green beans
½ cup broccoli
1 inch ginger piece, 5-6 cloves garlic
1 tspn cuminseeds
½ tspn fennel seeds
2 tbspn oil
2 tspn red chilli powder(Adjust as per heat tolerance)
1 tspn coriander powder
1 tspn garam masala power
¼ tspn turmeric powder
1 cup coconut milk extract(thin)
1 cup water
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Roughly chop onions. In a grinder, grind onions, green chillies, ginger-garlic into a fine paste, keep it aside.
- Puree tomatoes, keep It aside.
- Chop all veggies to bite size pieces and keep them aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil, add cumin and fennel seeds to hot oil and let them crackle.
5. Add onion paste and sauté well until raw smell goes. This step is important, if you don’t sauté onion paste well, you will get raw smell in the kurma. It took about 5-7 mins on medium flame for the onions to loose it’s raw smell.
6. Next add tomato puree and sauté. Saute until oil separates from the sides of the pan.
7. Add all the dry spices(red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder) and mix well, until all the spices are well combined.
8. Add sprouted green gram and mix for 30 secs. Next add chopped carrot and beans, mix.
9. Finely add chopped broccoli and mix.
10. Add coconut milk, water and salt , give it a mix.
11. Place the cooker lid on and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
12. Sprouted green gram mix veg kurma is ready
13. Serve hot with rice or rotis.