Vegetable broth with tomatoes, carrot, celery, onions & garlic is perfect for the cloudy/winter days
There is not much rain this year, but the days are cloudy and cold and my palate demands for some hot spicy soup. It’s very simple and easy to cook and has whole lot of nutrient values. A perfect dish for after school snack for kids.
Here is the recipe- Dish is inspired from here, but of course I changed it as per my convenience.
Ingredients:- (serves 2)
1 large carrot
3 stacks of celery along with leaves
2 garlic pods
1 tspn olive oil(you can use butter instead of olive oil. I used olive oil)
2 tspn fresh cream(1 tspn in soup and 1 tspn for garnish)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Roughly chop tomatoes, carrot and celery and pressure cook in a cooker until 2 whistles.
- Remove the vegetables from cooker and allow it to cool. Later blend the vegetables in a mixer until smooth.
- Finely chop onions. Peel and crush garlic and chop them fine.
- In a deep bottom pan add oil. TO hot oil add garlic and sauté till raw smell goes.
- Add onions and sauté until onions turns translucent.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and simmer it for about 10 mins.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well and cook for another 3 mins.
- Add a tspn of cream and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with a tspn of cream on top as garnish. You can serve this soup with any bread toast. I served it with Baked eggs in bun basket.