Easy and quick besan ladoo prepared with just a few ingredients! For that last minute diwali snack preparations, you can make these. They are easy to make and tastes delicious.
Here’s the quick diwali sweet recipe with step wise instructions-
Besan Flour/gram flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Melted Ghee/clarified butter – 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp
Caradamom seeds from 2-3 pods
Method of preparation-
1. Add sugar and caradamon pods to a blender and blend them to a fine powder. Keep aside.
2. Dry roast gram flour on medium heat until the raw smell of the flour goes. Keep stirring else the flour will burn at the bottom. You have to make sure the color of the flour doesn’t change and the flour looses it raw smell. This takes approximately 15 mins for me. This step is very important, if flour is not roasted properly, the ladoos will have the raw taste of the flour and it wont taste nice.
3. After roasting the flour, sieve the flour to remove any impurities.
4. To a bowl add roasted flour and powdered sugar. Mix well.
5. Now pour hot melted ghee/clarified butter and using a wooden laddle mix well.
6. You have to make balls when the flour is hot enough to handle. Do not let the mix cool down too much, which will make it difficult to roll the balls.
7. Apply ghe on your palms and make balls from the mix. I made lemon sized balls, you can make them big or small as per choice.
8. That’s it, easy besan ladoo’s are ready. Once they cool completely store in air tight container. Make these for that last minute diwali preparation and celebrate diwali with a sweet note! Happy diwali