Bread pizza cups are very easy to make and takes only ~15 minutes to make these. You can make these healthy as possible by using multigrain bread slices for the pizza base and use veggies of your choice. They’re like bite size pizzas baked into muffin pan. We had them for dinner with baked potato wedges but I’d recommend them for appetizers too.
For this week’s Fondbites Bake Along challenge #46. Subhashini gave us these cute little utterly delicious bread pizza cups. I was very thrilled when I saw the recipe. It’s so easy to make and the whole dish get’s done in ~ 15 mins. Yep, it’s as lazy as it can get!
It’s a very easy dish that can be made for after school snack for kids. A healthy after school snack idea.
Here’s step wise recipe for bread pizza cups
Bread slices – I used wheat bread
Pizza sauce – few tablespoons
Cheese – grated( I used mozerella)
Topping of choice(I used chopped onions, bell peppers – green and red, frozen corn, chicken sauges slices, black olive slices)
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Method of preparation:-
1. Pre-heat the oven, while the oven is pre- heating, we will get the prep done.
2. Cut each bread slice with a round cutter.
3. Grease muffin tins with butter. I used small tart tins to bake these pizza bread cups. Place the cut out bread into the cups and press gently to form a cup without breaking the center.
4. Spread out a teaspoon of pizza sauce into each cup. add topping of your choice. I added onions, green bell peppers and corn first.
6. Bake in pre- heated oven at 18- deg for about 10 mins or until cheese has melted and the bread has browned a bit.
7. Once pizza bread cups are done, remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 2-3 mins.
8. Using a sharp knife release the edges of the pizza cups if they are stuck and serve hot. I served them with baked potato wedges.