The traditionally creamy filling of these deviled eggs gets spooky look! Who knew that black olives could make for such a spooky topper to deviled eggs? These spooky spider deviled eggs are the perfect appetizer for Halloween parties! Just slice up some olives to use with your own favorite deviled egg recipe. It’s as simple as that!
Halloween recipe of Spooky Spider Deviled Eggs with step by step pictures
Eggs – 4 eggs
Mayonaisse – 3 tbspns
Pepper powder – 1 tspn
Salt – 1/4 tspn
Black olives – Handful
Method of prepapration:-
1. First we need to hard boil eggs. Pour water in a wide pan and very gently place the eggs inside the pan, make sure you don’t drop the eggs which will cause cracks.
2. Place the pan on medium heat and allow the water to boil. After water starts boiling, let it continue to boil for 15-20 mins(it’s ok to boil the eggs longer than 20 mins)
3. After 20 mins of boiling, turn off the heat and leave the eggs in hot water for 5 more mins. Next remove the eggs from hot water and tranfer them to cold water and let them sit for 5-10 mins.
4. Now carefully remove the shells from the eggs.
5. With a sharp knige cut the eggs into 2 length wise.
5. Gently scoop out the yolk and transfer the yolk into another bowl.
6. Beat the yolk using a fork or beater until smooth. Now add the mayonaisse and beat again. Add pepper powder and 1/4 tspn of salt(be careful with salt, as yolks are already salty)and mix.
7. Use a small zip lock bag and attach a big star nozzle to it. Spoon the yolk mix into the zip lock bag and pipe out the yolk into the holes of the egg halves. Repeat for all the halves.
8. Cut the black olives as shown, you need olives cut into half for body of the spider and small slices of olives for the legs.
9. Arrange the olives on top of the deviled eggs to give it a spooky look.
10. Don’t these deviled eggs look spooky! I enjoyed making these, now it makes me want to have a Halloween party:)
Recipe adapted from here.