Quiche is egg custard with savory additions. Quiche is very versatile as you can add a variety of fillings and flavorings depending on your mood. In this version, I used some sautéed spinach and mushrooms, bell peppers and spring onions topped with some cheese. You can serve these mini quiche or frittata at breakfast, or even as brunch. They are easy to assemble, quick to bake, and very tasty too!
Here’s Mini quiche with spinach and mushroom without crust
- Eggs – 4 nos.
- Mushroom – 1 cup(I used 1 full packet)
- Spinach(Palak) – 1 bunch
- Bell peppers/capsicum – 1 no.(I used red color peppers for color, if you don’t get red bell peppers, use green or yellow ones)
- Spring onions – 4-5 stalks(I used both the white and green part of the onions)
- Olive oil – 2 tspn + for greasing
- Grated cheese – 3 tbspn(Use mozerella, cheddar or even Amul cheese cubes)
- Crushed black pepper – 2 tspn(for vegetables) + 1 tspn(to add to the eggs)
- Salt to taste
Method of preparation:-
1. Wash/clean all the vegetables to be used and chop them into small pieces. Keep aside.
2. To a wide pan add oilve oil. Once oil turns hot, add the white part of spring onions. Saute for 1 minute.
3. Next add chopped mushrooms and saute until mushrooms it’s half cooked and it starts releasing water.
4. Now add capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
5. Add chopped spinach(palak) and green spring onions and sauté. Season with black pepper powder and salt and mix again. Switch off flame immediately, we want the vegetables to be cooked but not fully cooked. Our vegetable filling is ready now.
6. In a bowl add eggs, black pepper and salt and whisk until combined.
7. Line up muffin tray with silicon cup liners. If you don’t have silicon cup liners, you can use paper cup liners which has to be greased well with olive oil. Pour the egg mixture into the liners until half filled.
8. Next add the sautéed vegetables over the egg mixture. You can spoon vegetables until the liners are filled up full. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
9. Repeat step 7 and 8 for all the liners.
10. Bake it in pre-heated oven at 200 deg centigrade for 25-35 minutes or until it’s well set and a tester/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven and leave in the pan for a few minutes or just until it’s cool enough to handle. It was so easy to remove them from the silicon liners! They practically pop-out!
12. Delicious quiche is ready, eat them for breakfast, brunch or even as a after school snack for kids.
13. So that’s easy spinach mushroom quiche which is truly a healthy low-carb and gluten-free dish. Try it!