Fried rice is very easy to make. When you are pressed of time and want to make some thing easy and nutritious, try this fried rice. This one is very handy recipe for kids lunch box too.
Here’s Chinese style veg fried rice recipe with step by step pictures
Cooked rice – 2 cups
Carrots – 1 no.
Beans – 5-6 no.
Spring onions, both white and green – 5-6
Garlic pods – 5-6 pods crushed and chopped into small pieces
Pepper powder – to taste(about 1 tspn)
Salt to taste
Chinese vinegar/Chilli vinegar – 1 tspn
Soy sauce – 1 tspn
Oil – 2 tbspn
Method of preparation:-
1. Fried rice is best when made from left over rice. If you dont have/dont want to use left over rice, cook rice in pressure cooker with about 1/4 cup water less than you’d normally add for 2 cups of rice. After rice is cooked, recmove from cooker and seperate the grains using fork and allow it to cool completely. Keep aside.
2. Wash all the veggies and chop them into very small pieces. Keep them aside.
3. In a wok add oil. To hot oil add crushed and chopped garlic. Saute for 2 mins until the raw smell of garlic goes. Be careful not to change the color of the garlic.
4. Next add white part of spring onions and saute for 1 min.
5. Next add finely chopped carrots, saute for 1 min.
6. Add beans and saute for 1 min.
7. Add pepper powder and salt to taste and mix well.
8. Now add vinegar and soy sauce and mix and allow it to cook for 30 secs.
9. Switch off flame and add the green spring onions and mix well. Now add cooked and cooled rice and toss it until well combined.
10. Easy and nutritious fried rice is ready. Serve them hot with any sides Manchurian, lolly pops, ..etc.