Paratha is Indian flat bread made from whole wheat flour. This paratha is a wholesome healthy, nutritious and filling dish with wholewheat, cabbage and peas in it. Parathas as such are so versatile that they can be varied according to ones choice, you can make stuffed paratha with stuffing like Paneer, Potatoes, Lentils, Radish, Spinach or any other combination of vegetables mixed with spices, or also you can chop the veggies and mix it with flour along with spices and made into paratha. They can be perfect for Lunch, Brunch or Dinner, whether served with a curry, chutney, ketchup, spicy pickle or even plain Yogurt!
Here’s easy cabbage peas paratha recipe
Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
Cabbage – 1 cup
Peas – 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn
Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tbspn(add more or less as per your spice likings)
Cumin powder – 1 tbspn
Curd – 2-3 tbspn
Salt to taste
Water as required to knead the dough
Oil – for rubbing on the dough and for cooking the parathas(you can use ghee/clarified butter in place of oil)
Method of Preparation:-
1. Wash peas and cook them until they are half cooked. Remove and add along with cabbage.
2. In a food processor pulse cabbage and half cooked peas until finely chopped. You can chop by hand too, make sure they are chopped very fine.
3. In a wide bowl add flour, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder cumin powder and yogurt, mix well.
4. Add finely chopped cabbage and peas mix to flour and mix again.
5. Add water if required and knead the flour into a smooth dough.
6. Rub oil all over the dough, cover and leave the dough to rest for minimum 30 mins.
7. Take a lemon sized ball from dough, roll them to round shape and flatten it.
8. Heat tawa, and cook the flattened dough on hot tawa until browm spots are seen on to of the bread on both sides. Apply ghee/clarified butter on both sides while cooking.
9. Repeate with rest of the dough.
10. Hot, healthy and nutritious cabbage-peas paratha is ready. Serve hot with a curry, chutney, ketchup, spicy pickle or even plain Yogurt!