Have you ever made any snack in literally 2 minutes?! How many times have you or your kids felt the hunger pangs in the middle of the morning or afternoon?! To heal these hunger pangs it’s very important to eat healthy and nutritious snacks in order to stave off hunger pangs and prevent you feeling starving by the time your next main meal comes around. Some times it might feel a bit overwhelming to have a lot of food to prepare for the family everyday.
Here’s 2 minute spicy puffed rice with sprouted moong. Recipe adapted from lovefoodeat
Puffed Rice/Murmura – 2 cups
Sprouted moong/green gram – 1/2 cup
Oniosn – 4 tbspns(finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1 tbspn(finely chopped)
Coconut oil – 1 tbspn
Red chilli powder/ cayenne – 1 tspn(adjust as per your taste)
Chat masala – 1/4 tspn
Salt – 1 tspn
Method of preparation:-
1. In a big bowl, add coconut oil, red chilli powder, chat masala, salt and mix well.
2. Add sprouted moong, onions, coriander leaves and toss.
3. Add the puffed rice/murmura and gently toss until the spices coat the puffed rice.
4. That’s it! You are all done. Serve them immediately in a bowl, with coriander leaves garnish.
5. Guilt free and healthy snack is ready to heal your or your family members hunger pangs.
1. If you dont like chat masala, you can simply avoid it.
2. If you like more spicy, add more red chilli powder than mentioned.
3. To give a little zing few drops of lime juice too can added.
4. Add the puffed rice just before eating, as it tends to loose it crispiness in minutes.
5. Adding coconut oil gives a earthy aroma to the dish, I dont think there is any other substitution. Coconut oil is the best.