At home we all love fish and I am a fish lover, and I love fish in form of both fry and curry. Actually I cant decide which one is my fav, fish fry or fish curry :D. Since childhood I always loved fired fish and the way my mom makes it, shallow fried. The secret to a best fish fry recipe is the spice combinations made to marinate, fresh fish and shallow fried to perfection. The fish does not turn crisp but the shallow fry helps the fish to get cooked with a partially smoked masala to wrap them. This is magical. I am drooling right now.
Here’s my fish fry recipe –
Fish Fillet – 4-5 no (I used seer fish)
Kashmiri Red chillie powder – 2 tbspn
Turmeric – ½ tspn
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tspn
Corn Flour – 2 tspn
Rice flour 1/2 tspn
Lime juice – 1 tbspn
Oil – 1 tspn
Salt as per requirment
1. Mix Kashmiri red chillie powder, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, corn flour, rice flour, lime juice, oil and salt together. Sprinkle water and mix into thick paste.
2. Coat the fish pieces with this paste and leave for a minimum 1 hour.
3. Heat 2 tbspn oil in shallow pan. Fry fish pieces on medium heat.
4. Turn over when one side is done to get a rich brown crust and cook on other side as well.
5. Once it get cooked remove from pan and keep on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
6. That’s it. Most delicious and crisp fish fry is ready to be serve. Serve it hot with lemon wedges and onion rings. These delicious fish fry can be served as starters or as a side for white rice or biryani! or even better eat them off just like that DELISH!