Sangria is a Spanish punch, with wine or spirits and luscious assortment of fruits in it. It’s refreshing to sip into this drink and munch on the fruits on a warm day. A great Sangria drink mix, you won’t even miss the alcohol. This Sangria will more than satisfy your hankering for something fun and fruity. Don’t worry much about whether this one is authentic, It’s a great refreshing fruit drink to serve for a party and please your guests!
I’ve teamed up with Dolphia , Anjana , Subhasmitha and Sujatha in doing a themed post every month.This month the unanimous choice was ‘cold beverages to have a sip’ and this is my contribution towards this theme. Do hop on to the other divas blog space to find out what they are having.
Recipe adapted from here.
2 cups boiling water
2 black tea bags (or 2 teaspoons loose-leaf tea in an infuser)
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups pomegranate juice
2 cups grapes juice
1 cup orange juice
1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 pear, diced
1 apple, diced
1/4 cup Pomegrate seeds
2 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage(I used 7up lemon flavor)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. First we need to make tea. Boil water and Pour over tea bags along with cinnamon sticks and steep for 5 minutes. After 5 mins remove tea bags and stir in sugar until it dissolves.
2. In a large pitcher, combine Tea, pomegranate juice, grape juice, orange juice, fresh lemon juice, diced pear, and diced apple.
3. Place this in refrigerator for minimum 2 hours.
4. Just before serving, stir in the lemon-lime soda and some ice.
1. You can leave out tea and add cranberry juice along with rest of the juice. This just makes another version of non alcoholic sangria.
2. To try another version you may add maple syrup in it. It gives a sweet taste.
3. And if you prefer to have and alcoholic sangria, add red wine, or vodka or even brandy if you wish.