I love ripe bananas.. the kind of dishes that you can come up with these wonderful, sticky, icky ripe ones are amazing. Brownies are delectable fudgey bars and one can’t stop eating it. But there is always a guilt factor as the dish uses up loads of sugar and butter. Now you are thinking I might be presenting to you a healthy version of brownies which is guilt free….are these brownies healthy? Well, they contain less sugar than many other brownies recipes, they contain fruit, and they contain whole wheat flour. I’ll let you be the judge.
I had made these brownies along with Healthy Ripe Banana oats cookies. As I was busy with other things got time to post only now.. If you have ripe bananas do try out either of these yummy dishes.
Here’s straight to the ripe banana brownies recipe-
Recipe Source – tinaschic
All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 3/4 tspn
Salt – a generous pinch
Butter(softened, room temperature) – 1/2 cup
Brown sugar(powdered) – 1/2 cup
Eggs – 2
Ripe Bananas(mashed) – 3/4 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tspn
Method of preparation:-
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 C. Grease a 8 inch square baking tray with oil, line parchment paper on top and grease the parchment paper with butter.
2. In a bowl add flour, salt, baking powder and mix well. Keep aside.
3. In a microwave safe bowl add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and melt in 30 seconds increment. Let it cool to room temperature.
4. In another bowl add butter and brown sugar beat until soft and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
5. Next add melted chocolate, vanilla extract and beat. Add flour and beat.
6. Finally add mashed bananas and chocolate chips and fold in until all ingredients are mixed well. I used double color choco chips in this step just to add some fun color to the brownies. You can add plain chocolate chips.
8. Remove the brownies from oven and let it cool completely. Cut them into squares using sharp knife. Enjoy!