Chicken capsicum masala in the usual chicken masala with capsicum in it. It’s easy to make and tastes delicious.
Sunday’s are reserved for non veg at home. I usually make non veg dishes only once a week and that has to be Sunday for me. During my childhood days at home Sunday’s has to be special meal day as all of us were at home and mom would make special breakfast and lunch. Lunch would definitely be non veg dish unless it’s a festival day or some thing else when non veg was not to be eaten.
I continued that habit of cooking non veg on Sunday’s even after marriage. Chicken is my favorite. I eat mutton and fish occationally. A perfect Sunday afternoon would be chicken dry masala, sambar and rice… BLISS!
Here’s my way of making chicken capsicum masala-
Chicken – 500 gms
Onions – 2 large, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 3, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1 large, chopped into cubes or strips
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbspn
Red chilie powder – 2 tbspn
Coriander powder – 1 tbspn
Chicken masala powder – 1 tbspn(I used store bought powder)
Salt to taste
Cloves – 4 nos
Cinnamon sticks – 2 pieces
Oil – 3 tbspns
Water as required
Coriander for garnish
Red chilie powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tspn
1. Wash chicken 2-3 times. Add marination ingredients, mix well and let it sit for minimum 30-45 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add cloves cinnamon.
3. Add onions and saute till they turn soft. Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell gone.
4. Add tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy. Next add all the spice powders along with salt and cook for a minute.
5. Add marinated chicken pieces, cook until they start to turn color.
6. Add required amount of water and cook until chicken is completely cooked and water is almost drained.
7. Add capsicum pieces and cook for 2 minutes. By now the chicken masala should be dry(if not cook for some more time until all water is drained and chicken is cooked)
8. Remove from stove and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot with sambar and steamed rice! BLISS!