Weekends remind me of lazy, carefree mornings! No packing lunch boxes, no rushing to school buses, no tensions. Isn’t that sounds nice?
These pancake is soft, moist, fluffy and takes minimal time to make it. Isn’t that what we want on weekends. To me weekends are meant for doing just what we want, even when that means doing close to nothing at all. A pancake with basic flavor is a sure fire crowd pleaser. Try it on your weekends, share the love!
Breakfast is the most such an important part of the meal. They say eat breakfast like a king..These pancakes full fill that . It’s heavy, filling and delicious!
Here’s banana pan cake recipe-
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking powder – 2 tspn
Salt – 1/2 tspn
Sugar – 2 tbspn
Eggs – 2 large nos
Ripe bananas – 4 nos.(I used the small variety ones, use 2 bananas if you are using large ones)
Milk – 1 cup
Vanilla extract – 1/4 tspn
Unsalted butter(melted) – 2 tbspn
Oil + butter – for cooking
Maple Syrup/Honey(I did not have maple syrup)
Icing Sugar for dusting
1. In a bowl add all purpose flour,salt, baking powder and mix together.
2. In another bowl, mash ripe bananas until smooth. Whisk in eggs. Then add milk and whisk until combined. Then add vanilla extract and whisk.
3. Pour the banana mixture and the melted butter into the flour mixture. Fold the batter gently until just blended. Do not over mix. The batter will be thick.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Put a pad of butter and one tablespoon vegetable oil onto the griddle, and swirl it around. Vegetable oil will prevent the butter from browning.
5. Pour batter using a ladle(make them into the size you prefer). Cook until you see a fe holes on top of the pancakes, and bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook on other side. Always cook in medium low flame to avoid burning!
6. Remove the pancakes from heat once cooked. Before starting the next batch wipe the pan with kitchen towel to remove the burnt/left over pieces and then repeat with remaining batter.
7. Serve pancakes hot. Before serving drizzle maple syrup(I used honey in place of maple syrup) with few cut fruits and icing sugar. Alternatively you can drizzle some chocolate syrup on top of hot pancakes and serve.
1. For egg less option, avoid eggs from the ingredient list and follow the rest of the recipe.
2. If you are calorie conscious, use only cooking oil and leave out butter.