Chicken roast noramlly means whole chicken roast. Unless I have a party at home I do not like to use whole chicken. So is it possible to roast small pieces of chicken instead of whole chicken?! Why not?! There is no rule chicken roast has to be whole chicken? Or is there?!
Well, I don’t really care about rules sometimes, I just wanted to roast single chicken breast for my small little family, and that’s exactly what I did. I didn’t have to think a lot about marination options, any thing that sounds spicy is like music to my ears. So I instantly went for spicy herb rub.
This roast chicken recipe is so easy to make, with pantry staples. I bet you already have all the spices you need! Marinate the chicken and pop them in oven and wait until your whole house smells amazing. Marinate it over night to get best results.
This roasted chicken turns out terrifically flavorful and tender, and the broth left in the bottom is a perfect gravy in itself.
Here’s simple spicy herb rubbed chicken roast in oven
Chicken breast – 1 no(about 300 gms)
Paprika powder – 2 tbspn
Pepper powder – 2 tbpsn
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tbspn
Dried or fresh herbs(oregano, rosemay, thyme..mixed) – 1 1/2 tbspn
salt to taste
Olive oil – 2 tbspn
Lime juice – from 1 lime
Butter – 2 tbpsn to roast the chicken
1. Wash chicken breast 2-3 times with little salt. Drain water completely. Mix paprika powder, pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, herbs, olive oil, salt and rub this spice all over the chicken. Let this mariante for 4-6 hours to get best results.
2. Pre heat oven to 150 C and line a baking pan with aluminium foil (i used a smaller baking pan and did not use aluminium foil)
3. Place the chicken on baking pan, add butter into the pan and pop them on oven. Roast them at 150C for about 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Turn the chicken 2-3 times during roasting and every time you turn the chicken, pour juices that left on the sides of the pan over the chicken.
4. Once cooked remove from oven, slice them into smaller pieces with a sharp knife and serve them hot.
5. I served roast chicken over a bed of creamy mashed potato and some salad on the side(all veggies except for salad leaves are from my backyard garden). It’s a meal in it self! So yum and fulfilling!