Here’s choco chip cookies using wheat flour –
Ingredients:- Recipe adapted from fondbites
Unsalted butter – 200 gms
Granulated white sugar – 1 cup
Dark brown sugar – 1/2 cup
Eggs – 2
Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
Wheat flour – 2 cups
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Chocolate chips – 1 cup dark choco chip + 1/2 cup mixed choco chip(the one which is milk and chocolate mixed)
1. Pre heat oven to 180 deg Centi. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Microwave butter until just melted, let it cool down.
3. In a clean dry bowl, sift to gather, wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
4. In a wide bowl add brown sugar and white sugar. Add melted butter to sugar and beat for 5-7 minutes until it turns thick mix.
5. Add 1 egg at a time and beat until just combined. Do not over beat after adding eggs.
6. Add vanilla extract and beat for 10 seconds.
7. Now add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient mix and using your fingers try to mix and bring it all to gather. If you find the dough very sticky and difficult to handle, sprinkle some flour and mix. Do not add too much flour.
8. Add choco chips and using your hand fold in the chips to evenly spread across the dough.
9. Make small lemon sized balls and place them on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave about an inch space between the cookie balls.
10. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 11 minutes. Remove from oven, let it sit on the baking tray for 5-7 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Do not get tempted to bake longer, while the cookie is hot they will feel very soft and you might think they are uncooked, but as they cool down they will harden and become a perfect choco chip cookie.
11. They are ready. Devour them while they are still hot with a glass of milk or wait till they cool down, store in air tight container for weeks and enjoy!