I love Indo-Chinese food. Indo-Chinese cuisine is not purely Chinese cuisine. It’s Indianized versions of Chinese dishes with a few totally new things thrown in. Because we love Chinese food so much that we customized it to our taste.
I read an article some time back about how Chinese food came to India. It said, In the 19th century when Hakka origin Chinese emigrated to Kolkata region of India. The first ever Chinatown was formed then. Indians who visited the China town tasted their food. Gradually the popularity of the Chinese food caught on. And to satisfy Indian tastes buds, Chinese food was amped up with Indian spices. Hence became the birth of Indo-Chinese food. Also Manchurian is not a Chinese food; it was invented by a person called Nelsan Wang in Kolkata. In fact all the Indo-Chinese food is all created by the small community of Chinese people living in Chinatown, Kolkata. These dishes are made only in India.
Indians love spicy food with lot of flavors in it. I’m no exception. When it comes to noodles I love hakka noodles and Schezwan noodles. Nothing can beat the taste of noodles cooked in spicy schezwan sauce. Schezwan sauce can be made easily at home. If you like Schezwan noodles or fried rice, then you should make this easy Schezwan sauce at home.
20 number dried red chilies
2 tablespoon onions
½ cup sesame oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon pepper powder
- Soak dried red chilies in warm water for about an hour. Then grind it into a smooth paste. If you want you can remove the seeds from the chilies
- Heat sesame oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic and onion. Saute for a 20 seconds on low flame.
- Now add ground chili paste and cook until oil separates from the sides of the pan.
- Add salt, pepper powder, white vinegar and soya sauce. Mix and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turnoff flame and let it cool completely. Store in air tight container refrigerated. This sauce stays good for few weeks refrigerated. Use this Schezwan sauce in Schezwan noodles or fried rice recipe.