Easy yogurt and granola breakfast parfait – The delicious combination of yogurt, roasted plums and granola is a delicious breakfast and an impressive dessert as well (I would serve it as snack too ). This easy breakfast is light, delicious and satisfying. Top with any fruit, roasted or fresh fruits like berries, grapes, pomegranate, with yogurt or lime curd or jam preserves, the combination goes on.
Roasted plums are the most delicious fruit as it is. But roasted it in little butter and sugar until softened makes this stone fruit even more delicious! These delicious roasted plums make a gorgeous topping on pancakes. Layering them in yogurt parfait is one another way to use the roasted plums.
Parfait refers to frozen dessert. Different countries make parfait different ways. In France, parfait is made from sugar syrup, eggs and cream. In UK, its made from liqueur flavored meat paste(interesting..isn’t it). In Canada and Northern US it’s made using Yogurt, granola, fruits and nut layered. – Information courtesy – Wikipedia
1 cup granola (homemade better)
1 cup yogurt
Nuts of your choice for garnish
For roasting plums
2 tablespoon butter
1 to 2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degree centigrade. Grease the baking tray with little butter.
- Cut the stone fruit(plums) into 8 wedges. Discard the stone.
- Melt butter. Add cut plums, melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon powder and toss well with your fingers.
- Place the plums in single layer on the baking tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until plums are softened. Turn oven to broil mode and broil for 5 to 7 minutes. You will get juicy syrupy liquid in the baking pan. Remove the tray from oven and let it cool completely.
- Now layering the parfait, place some roasted plums along with it’s juices, a yogurt layer then put some granola. Make as many layers as you like.
- Place it in fridge to chill and serve chilled.