Hey! Happy weekend guys. I have this perfect weekend special recipe for you – potato roses that are baked. Doesn’t it look gorgeous?
Whether you plan to spend the weekend at home in your PJ’s watching back to back movies on Netflix or invite friends over for a weekend party. Whatever your plan is, you have to make these beauties. Cause it’s time for indulgence and this time I will help you indulge with no guilt.
These baked potato roses makes for a perfect starter to impress your friends or to just much on while watching the tele all alone. Perfect crispy edges, well baked potatoes with Italian seasoning – you cant go wrong with this one. So no excuses just bake them and relish them.
I have made a video of the same dish. You can watch my 2 minute video here –
This is my first attempt in trying a video recipe, a lot of new things I learnt today and a lot more to learn in the coming days if I decide on continue the video recipes. For that I need your honest feed back. Tell me, how did you find my amateurish video?
4 large potatoes
¼ cup olive oil
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon pepper powder
2 teaspoon garlic granules(or powder)
2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Wash and peel potatoes. Slice them using a mandolin slicer. Keep aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper powder, garlic granules, dried thyme, dried oregano. Keep aside.
- Arrange about 15 potato slices over lapping one another. Brush olive oil mix over the top.
- Roll carefully holding on to all the slices to get a beautiful rose. (make a rose size that fits in your cup cake mold)
- Place these on a greased cup cake mold.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 200 degree centigrade for about 30 to 35 minutes. The edges should turn brown and crisp, and potatoes cooked through well.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with any dipping sauce of your choice.