It’s Christmas! YAY! Christmas is in the air, and I can feel all the excitement about Christmas. Been spent good 10 years in Convent School during my school days, I have very fond memories of Christmas. The decoration, the jingles, Christmas was celebrated with zest every year in my School. There were beautifully decorated Christmas trees, prayers, jingles, dances, and gifts for all of us. And the most important of all, there was the delicious fruit cake our Christian neighbors would very fondly share with us.
The cakes were baked at home in an authentic way and it tasted heavenly. Oh my, ….I’m almost drooling remembering the taste of those wonderfully baked fruit cakes. Along with fruit cakes were of course a lot of other goodies shared.
Though I’m not a Christian I love to celebrate Christmas for lot of reasons. Some people get irritated that people celebrate Christmas for wrong reasons like for gifts and cakes, forgetting the real purpose and meaning behind Christmas.
I personally feel, there is no harm in celebrating Christmas or any other festival even if it’s for the purpose of giving or receiving gifts and goodies, as I think it’s better than doing other nasty things…right!
This year I am baking a lot of cookies for Christmas – daughter’s request. Kids love cookies and especially homemade ones, daughter loves to invite her friend’s home and share homemade cookies with them very proudly. For some reason she loves to brag about homemade cookies. Very proudly, she keeps mentions to her friends that how great I am, that I can bake so many different things! And honestly I love the attention I get from her friends.
We had some kisses and peanut butter that Raj had bought from him Norway trip few months back. I kept a packet of kisses aside just to use it in peanut butter kiss cookies for Christmas.
These cookies are not loaded with sweet, and the combination of peanut butter and kisses makes every bit very delicious! If you are a fan of peanut butter, you definitely don’t want to miss these cookies. It’s the most easy cookie recipe and the result will amaze you and your family! Try it for Christmas without fail!
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup demerara sugar
½ cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
20 Hersey’s kisses
- In a dry bowl add peanut butter and demerara sugar. Whisk until well combined. Break in the egg into the bowl and whisk again.
- Sieve salt and all purpose flour together. Add the flour in 3 parts and whisk lightly until the flour gets mixed in the liquids.
- Once all ingredients are well combined, scrap down the cookie mix. Scoop out a tablespoon of cookie mix, roll it into ball and then place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper about 1 inch apart. Place the rolled cookies in fridge.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree centigrade.
- Remove the cookies from the fridge. Using your index finger make a dent in the center. And bake the cookies in pre heated oven for about 12 to 14 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove the baking tray from oven and let it sit for 2 minutes. Then gently press Hershey’s kisses in the center of the cookies. Let it cool completely. Then store them in air tight containers.