Can’t believe that one month of Summer holidays are already coming to an end. This month has been a roller coaster for us. I have had days where I cooked and clicked 5 recipes a day and I have also had days when I just didn’t cook anything at all, left the kitchen all clean and shiny. Since kids are enjoying their time with their grandparents, I decided to utilize this break well.
Made solid plans – I shopped a lot, yay waiting for that holiday we have been planning for past 6 months. It’s almost vacation time!
Ate as much possible outside whenever I was shopping, ate all things my favorite at what ever time I preferred to eat.
Completed 3 projects , so my holiday is definitely going to be a stress free one.
And enjoyed some tele, me time whenever I could.
Now that I got all my free time and had a gala party all by myself, it’s time to get the kids back home. I have been literally visiting kids and spending time with them and mom almost every 3rd day You see it’s hard to be away from them, even though I do enjoy the free time I get
One of the dish I made for us (me and hubby) last week was this fajitas. Simple, easy and very budget friendly recipe these fajitas makes a quick weekend treats that you may be thinking. If you have the guacamole and sour cream ready, you just grill the chicken and roll it up. Voila your brunch/lunch for that relaxing weekend is ready!
Mexican fajitas are amazing take along meal that you would love to have when you are on the go. The tender chicken strips with all the Mexican flavors topped with sour cream and guacamole is one of the delicious wraps that will make you want more. Fajitas has a lot of popularity among many around the world and it makes a good finger food for a party or get together. Make the guest wrap their own fajitas to make the whole process fun.
8 flour tortillas
2 chicken breasts
2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon paprika
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil + 1 tablespoon extra
2 teaspoon oregano
1 large onion, sliced
½ bell peppers(all 3 colors), sliced thin
1 cup sour cream
¾ cup guacamole
½ cup grated cheese(mozzarella or cheddar)
Few ice berg lettuce leaves
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips. Marinate it with cumin powder, paprika, juice of lime, salt, oregano and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Let chicken rest in marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken pieces and cook until the pieces are cooked and juicy. Remove the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Into the same pan add remaining olive oil. Add thin onion slices and bell peppers and toss until the veggies turn soft. Add a pinch of salt to the veggies, toss and remove from pan.
- Slightly warm the tortillas.
- Place good 2 to 3 tablespoon of chicken to the center of the tortillas. Spoon over some sour cream and guacamole. Place few lettuce leaves over it. Then place a spoon full of onions and bell peppers over it. Fold from one edge, then fold in the edges into the center and then roll the tortillas as tight as possible without tearing it.
- Serve the Mexican chicken Fajitas immediately.