Vegan chocolate mint Popsicle is one of the simplest, creamy, delicious, wonderfully aromatic summer treat you can think of. A Vegan treat!
There is excitement in the air, kids are restless and so I am but I’m trying to keep calm and get the necessary things done before we all take off. This is the most exciting part of summer for me – planning and going on a holiday apart from ice creams and frozen treats that we over do during summers. Summer I love you!
This holiday is an extra special one, we group of friends has been planning this holiday for more than 6 months. This holiday will sure been an awesome one I know for sure.
I can’t believe I’m sitting with my lappy and writing this post like early morning today while we are heading to airport by night. I mean not that I left all other work and doing this, we’re almost all packed.
The excitement is too much that I’m unable to sleep. Was tossing and turning all night on the bed, just couldn’t do that anymore so I got out todo something constructive. While I have been keeping many posts pending I thought I will post this Popsicle recipe before we head off.
A few weeks back I did a community service by taking up baking classes for children in my layout. It was all a super fun filled workshop where we (a group of 20 children including my kids) baked some yummy cookies, baked our own pizza all from scratch and even made some vanilla ice cream. The last day of the workshop was ice cream workshop. I made some extra surprise treats for kids to enjoy while they were waiting for the ice cream to freeze. This recipe is adapted from here
This is the simplest popsicle that one could make. And since I was treating the kids I wanted to make it a little colourful so I used edible food color in it. There is also choco bits in it for that awesome bite.
This popsicle is simple delicious, and coconut creamy with a beautiful aroma of mint in it. One of the best summer treat for all. Try it out and enjoy a cool summer treat.
2 cups thick coconut milk
1 cup mint leaves(tightly packed)
1 ½ cups sugar (adjust as per taste)
¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract(optional)
½ cup semi sweet chocolate
Sky blue food color – 1 or 2 drops
- Clean and wash mint leaves. Pick the leaves.
- Heat coconut milk, sugar and mint leaves in a sauce pan. Once you see small bubbles turn off the heat. Let the mint leaves steep in the milk for about 45 minutes while it’s cooling.
- Once milk cools completely, filter the milk and press the mint leaves as much you can to extract all it’s flavour’s.
- Chill the milk for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Finely chop semi sweet chocolate and add to the chilled milk.
- Add the peppermint extra and food color, mix well.
- Pour into popsicle moulds, cover and chill for about an hour. Then remove the mould from freezer, insert the popsicle stick now and cover it and put it back into the freezer to about 5 hours or over night.
- Treat your little ones and family with this delicious popsicle.