You guys won’t believe how delicious these Pad Thai Prawn Noodles is! And you know what, you can make it in 15 minutes with all BIG flavors. Fresh, bold flavors from Thai cuisine is to die for. I like all the flavors in it, I really do.
Thai cuisine is so versatile; you can tweak the flavors to your liking. And of course include any vegetable, proteins of your choice. When you have very little time to prep a meal for your family, this Pad Thai noodles is your go-to recipe, trust me. So much flavors, BIG flavors , in so little time. You’ll keep it going.
Don’t get intimidated looking at the rest of ingredients, everything on it is mostly already available in your pantry or you can find them very easily at any regular grocery store. And I’m also showing you all easy way to make your own Pad Thai sauce at home without buying the Thai sauce bottle, which probably you will find it a challenge in finishing it off. Just make as little sauce you would need to make the Thai noodles and that too all fresh. And you can easily make another small batch right before you start craving for this Pad Thai noodles again!
What do I do with the sauce bottles that I buy you may ask. Well there are numerous ways and recipes you would use your fish sauce and soy sauce, right? So yea no worries there you see.
Bring your family together on the dinner table for this healthy and delicious Pad Thai Prawn Noodles.
1 packet Pad Thai noodles
2 tablespoon peanut oil
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 inch ginger, chopped
3 Thai chilies
1/2 cup moong sprouts(I couldn’t find them, so skipped)
1 cup green onions
300 grams prawns
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup tamarind juice
2 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
Fresh coriander leaves(garnish)
White sesame seeds(garnish)
- Soak Pad Thai noodles in water for 8 to 10 minutes, or as per packet instructions( The packet instructions said to soak, if your’s says to cook in boiling water do so). Drain and keep aside.
- In a large skillet heat peanut oil. Add garlic and ginger pieces, cook for 1 minute. At this stage you can pour in few whisked eggs and cook in oil, I skipped eggs.
- Add green onions and red chilies cook for a minute until onions begin to shrink.
- It’s time to add prawns along with salt to taste and cook the prawns until it turns pink.
- In a bowl whisk together – fish sauce, light soy sauce, brown sugar, tamarind sauce/juice, lime juice and little red chilies. Pour into the pan and let it come to boil.
- Mix in the cooked Pad Thai noodles and stir well.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Sprinkle fresh coriander leaves, crushed toasted peanuts and little white sesame seeds. Serve immediately hot, else they will begin to stick together and dry up.